First things first: wow. Just wow. I am SO SORRY for not posting for three months! See, the substantial amounts I post cause me to, um, not post and stuff, and anyways, I didn't promise anything...
In other words, I'm a massive procrastinator and life got in the way. For example, the things I am currently procrastinating include my birthday plans (my birthday is tomorrow), an awesome Pokémon-based Minecraft map (more about that later), a number of projects I would like to start on, some of them on the computer, some of them in the real world, and my book.
So, as I said, my birthday is tomorrow, so, as a special gift, I'll try to make a post two days in a row! (Today and Tomorrow) I'm actually not that excited this year, for some reason... Turning 14 just doesn't feel like a big deal. I mean, yay, it's my birthday, yippee, let's have some cake, yada yada, etc. just feels sort of childish. For my birthday, I just want to RELAX.
As I'm writing this, I'm at a holiday camp that I'm helping out with, so I'm effectively taking a holiday from this holiday camp. From helping to run it, that is, because the camp is for the younger kids. Basically, it's themed on Lego and 'building each other up', which is 50% cool. You can guess which half is the cool half.
I mean, they're singing songs with lyrics such as 'Encourage one another and build each other up, lalalalalalala' . Really? What nutcase tries to get kids from Grade 4+ to sing songs that are designed for toddlers?
Wait, I already know the answer to that – a bunch of mothers from our church. Including my mom. And, of course, they spent a ton of time printing out about three hundred posters, and about 40 people came, the majority of them from our church. Oh, and guess who printed them all out and cut them out, etc. etc.? Yours truly, of course.
So, next on the list is reasons that I ended up procrastinating so much. First off, my grades were dropping from As and Bs, so I decided to quit Serebii, because I was addicted to it previously, and there really wasn't much incentive to go online afterwards. It did help my grades a lot, though.
Then I had Exams, and at that point I was buried under homework and studying, so there was obviously no time to blog at that point. When exams were done, I needed a break, so I started listening to a lot of music and sleeping a lot more because I was tired.
Then I had Term 1 Control Tests – which is stupid because it was only Term 4. My school is just weird like that. Then again, seeing as my school gets top academic results, it might not be that bad of an idea.
But now it's the holidays, and I'm FINALLY free from school! I really don't dislike school, but I don't especially enjoy my time at school either, so holidays are always welcome.
I believe that I said that I would talk more about that Pokémon-themed map, so onto that!
The general idea is that you are the Pokémon in this game. My favorite generation of starters is Gen. II, so I've given the option to be either Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totodile. The map is compatible for 1-3 players, and works in singleplayer mode and multiplayer mode.
In singleplayer, you basically run around a mob arena themed on your Pokémon, kill them and level up. Not only do you get experience from killing mobs, but I've set a scoreboard objective that acts as a point system for 'evolving', which is basically getting a better kit.
You can use experience to enchant, fix and rename items in your home (which coincidentally looks like a Pokèball), which makes it easier to kill the mobs (or the other players in multiplayer, more on that later), making it easier to get experience, etc. etc. etc.
I'm also considering the option to play in multiple arenas, but that'll require a bit more thought and planning than I'd like, including a mechanism for a cycle between multiple arenas, and some serious World Editing on MCEdit, which isn't that desirable.
Then we have multiplayer. As I said before, up to three players can participate, each one a different Pokémon, and I'm seriously considering adding more Pokémon than just the starters so that more people can play at once – of course, I'll have to finish Cyndaquil and Totodile, and we'll have a heck of a lot of work to do on the multiplayer arenas.
Now that we've brought it up, I might as well finish it: multiplayer arenas. It's basically just what it sounds like, arenas for multiplayer. They should be about the same size as the singleplayer arenas, but with a division so that each player can have their own themed arena section – lava and netherrack for Cyndaquil, water and lilypads for Totodile, and grassy plains with a single tree for Chikorita.
Oh, while we're on themes, for singleplayer, we have grassy plains with a couple of trees for Chikorita, a Nether themed arena (no lava) for Cyndaquil, and a lake with some dirt around the edges and some lilypads for Totodile.
Anyways, in multiplayer there will be a button that gives each player a boost – such as speed, fire resistance or jumping – for about five seconds, so as to work better in the other player's territory.
I think that's about all you'll need to know for now about the map! Oh, and just a quick hint: you can tame the wolves that spawn in the singleplayer arenas. They might come in helpful!
So, that's about it for now! I've got to save all other topics that I've thought of for tomorrow's post! Oh, and I'm really sorry, once again, about the lack of posts, and I'll hopefully be able to post more often now that it' style holidays!
It's been good to blog again, and thanks for listening to my musings and ramblings!
No comments:
Post a Comment