Image Map

My Bandcamp My Blogspot Image Map

Thursday, 12 December 2013

Presents and Amendments

Yes, yes, I know I promised to post yesterday, but a lot of stuff complicated that promise, so I mentally amended the promise so that I would post again sometime this week, not yesterday. So, sorry about the delay, but hopefully I'll be able to make this post long enough to make up for it!

So, first on the list, my birthday. I had what was probably the best birthday that I've had in five years -- because I got a chance to talk to my best friend, Jaron, for the first time since July! True, it was over Skype, but Skype is still a lot better than nothing!

We played a lot of Minecraft together, so here's what we did:

First off, since he's an Admin on the server that we were playing on, we were able to have a dual birthday celebration -- oh, did I forget to mention his birthday's the 1st of December, ten days apart from mine?

We also ran around doing nonsensical things for no reason for a time while simultaneously catching up on each other's lives for the past couple months. He showed me his bank, I showed him my awesome house with all of the epic loot that I got legit, and stored some of it in his bank.

Oh yeah, you should visit his twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/dafireybeast! He did some live streaming with me, I believe, and it shows some of the stuff that we did together. Back to that.

So, we each started to build towns -- him in creative, me in survival -- and we had tremendous fun just talking nonsense and building! Most of the time we were online alone, without any other players on. The only reason I got the chance to talk with him was a massive snowstorm on his end, and it was the most enormous stroke of luck for me.

So, I've sort of formed a pre-plan for a 'randomiser' for the singleplayer arena of the Pokémon map that works off of the purchasing scheme that sethbling thought of involving throwing an item, but with a dispenser to randomize the options of arenas. Of course, the locks and stuff might be a bit complicated, but I'll probably be able to use the /setblock command to enable the luxury of working with plenty of space.

I've finished the Cyndaquil singleplayer stuff, so that's quite a bit of progress. I was able to theme the arena on the nether, and Jaron agrees that it's very realistic. He was able to see through Skype's screen sharing function.

I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel, and I've recorded two episodes of SSP and I'm editing it while preparing a second survival world with an extra rule, which you can find out about if you watch it when it comes out.

So, yeah. I got Pokémon X, but since I have an American 3DS and we bought the game in SA, they're not compatible, so that's a bit annoying...

Well, overall my birthday was awesome, especially because of my Skype call with Jaron.

Well, that's the second post this week! Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment